[MITgcm-support] RBCS Package Question

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Fri Aug 8 11:05:43 EDT 2014

Hi Mitchell,

You probably have pkg/generic_advdiff included (compiled) in the
channel set-up you run before, either explicitly
(generic_advdiff in your packages.conf file), or part of
the default group of pkgs "gfd" (MITgcm/pkg/pkg_groups) or
implicitly by compiling a pkg that depends on generic_advdiff
(MITgcm/pkg/pkg_depend).
You should be able to check which package is compiled by looking at:
- the output (on the screen) of genmake2 (packages are: ...)
- the genmake2 produced file "PACKAGES_CONFIG.h" (Enabled packages:)
- the Makefile (but it's less easy there).

Regarding the list of pkgs to include,
it's probably a good idea to start from the default (i.e., "gfd")
and to add the pkgs you needs (e.g., rbcs); if you know that you
don't need to compile one pkg from the default list "gfd", you can
remove it (with a minus sign in front of it in packages.conf,
such as here: MITgcm/verification/advect_xz/code/packages.conf).

Cheers,
Jean-Michel