[MITgcm-support] how to control obcs balance flow ?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Apr 30 04:46:22 EDT 2014

All you need to do is to specify the appropriate “period”, i.e. the interval between forcing data sets, and the date and time of the first record in your data set. For monthly it would be 30 days (for a model calendar with 360 days), so,e.g. hfluxperiod = 2592000., etc., and if you consider your values as monthly means centered in the model of the month and your first year is 2007, you’d have hfluxstartdata1 = 20071601, and hfluxstartdate2=000000 (=default, for midnight)
The exf-package will then do the (linear) interpolation for you.

M.