[MITgcm-support] how to control obcs balance flow ?

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Apr 28 06:12:20 EDT 2014

Hi Li Zhi,

all parameters are nicely described in /model/inc/GRID.h, but probably also in the documentation.

hFacW/S are the hfac’s as the “western” and “southern” face, so at u and v points. The flow through a grid cell face is:

uFlux = uVel(i,j,k,bi,bj)*hFacW(i,j,k,bi,bj)*dyG(i,j,bi,bj)*drF(k)
vFlux = vVel(i,j,k,bi,bj)*hFacS(i,j,k,bi,bj)*dyG(i,j,bi,bj)*drF(k)

Martin