[MITgcm-support] External forcing for deltaT < 1 sec

linzhenhua linzhenhua at 163.com
Fri Apr 11 22:04:55 EDT 2014

Hi,

The parameters seem fine to me. I do not know what you plan to model with this two-dimensional configuration, as you use Orlanski in the west boundary, forced flow at the east boundary, perhaps these obc values are altered internally since you have also enabled OBCSbalance.

As a step to validate the model should work with small time step, I advise you first try a forced-inflow and forced-outflow case. If the velocity field in your OBEU_hr.bin file is time dependent, could you first try this file as both easy and west obc condition to check whether you could get the consistent time-dependent velocity field?

--
Zhenhua Lin
Key Laboratory of Ocean Circulation and Waves (KLOCAW)