[MITgcm-support] External forcing for deltaT < 1 sec

Dustin Carroll dcarroll at uoregon.edu
Fri Apr 11 16:09:57 EDT 2014

Hi All,

I am running some high-resolution experiments where the time step is < 1 second and I need to have time dependent boundary conditions.

Normally I use EXF for this, but for these experiments I can’t because the cal pkg doesn’t support deltaT < 1.

I tried using the basic periodicExternalForcing but that didn’t properly loop through my forcing files properly when deltaT < 1. Can anyone confirm that periodicExternalForcing works with deltaT < 1 or recommend a method for time dependent bc's with these small time steps?

Thanks,
Dustin