[MITgcm-support] MITgcm, gfortran and Archer

Renske Gelderloos Renske.Gelderloos at earth.ox.ac.uk
Fri Apr 4 09:43:36 EDT 2014

Dear fellow MITgcm users (specifically those in the UK working on
Archer, but if anyone else knows the solution I would be happy too of
course!),

I am running a simple setup of the MITgcm on Archer. So far, I have been
compiling with Intel and that worked fine (apparently this had some
other issues though which is why I am trying to switch). I am now trying
to compile with gfortran, but this gives me the following runtime error
message:

At line 2595 of file ini_parms.f (unit = 11, file = './gfortrantmpMV1kxT')
Fortran runtime error: Cannot match namelist object name .

Line 2595 of file ini_parms.f refers to reading in PARM03 of the 'data'
file, which is in my case

  &PARM03
  niter0=0.,
  endtime=2400.,
  abEps=0.1,
  deltaT=240.,
  cAdjFreq=0.,
  taveFreq=2592000.,
  monitorFreq=2592000.,
  pChkptFreq=155520000.,
  forcing_In_AB=.FALSE.,
  pickupStrictlyMatch=.FALSE.,
  &

Again, it works fine with intel, so do not think there is anything wrong
with my data file, but perhaps there is a compatibility issue with
gfortran or some other known bug? I tried gcc/4.8.1 and gcc/4.8.2, which
are the two available modules on Archer.

Renske