[MITgcm-support] mpi=PATH option for genmake2

Daniel Goldberg dngoldberg at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 09:27:29 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I usually write to the "devel" list but this seemed more a support issue.

I am trying for the first time to build on a computer that is not at MIT --
and I am attempting to use genmake2 with the "--mpi=PATH" option.

I check where my mpif77 is:
[dgoldber at frontend04 build_rise]$ which mpif77
/exports/applications/apps/SL6/MPI/openmpi/intel/1.6.2-intel_12.0/bin/mpif77

and then I call genmake2:

 ../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code_rise
-adof=../../tools/adjoint_options/adjoint_f95
-mpi=/exports/applications/apps/SL6/MPI/openmpi/intel/1.6.2-intel_12.0

is this supposed to append the /bin, /include, and /lib directories to the
appropriate paths? It does not seem to on inspection of the Makefile, and
"make depend" fails.

According to genmake2, linux_amd64_gfortran was chosen by default, I don't
know if I should specify a different one (or if there is not an appropriate
one available, as I doubt MITgcm has been compiled here before!)

Thanks all,
Dan

--

Daniel Goldberg, PhD