[MITgcm-support] problems with specifying optfile

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Mon Oct 28 21:58:19 EDT 2013

 Dear all;
     I started running  with MITgcm recently, so I´m pretty new to the model . However,when I start with the Barotropic Gyre tutorial ,something goes wrong.  I do it as follows:

                                             cd MITgcm/verification/tutorial-barotropic_gyre/build
                                             ../../../tools/genmake2 -mods=../code
then it appeared warning:  NO OPTFILE  specified
                                           searching for possible setting for optfile

I don't know how to specify  optfile   ,  someone can  help me  ?

                   many  thanks !