[MITgcm-support] MITgcm 40km resolution Arctic simulation

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Oct 17 10:00:37 EDT 2013

Hi again Dimitris (CC MITgcm)

Some progress. I've downloaded the
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/arctic/code2/ and
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/arctic/run_template2/ as you suggested and
have compiled (I think) successfully.

I put all the files from the "run_template2" directory into a /input
directory as I believe is standard.

When I try and run the executable, I get the following error 16 times (one
for each of the 16 processors defined in the SIZE.h file, nPx=2, nPy=8)...

*ABNORMAL END: S/R INI_PARMS*

I assume this means that I am missing a boundary condition file somewhere?
Do I need to download some more files from
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/arctic/ ?

Thanks again

Jonny

--