[MITgcm-support] problem running MITgcm/verification//tutorial_global_oce_latlon/

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Oct 9 10:01:41 EDT 2013

Do you have a file called "eedata" in your run directory?

Dimitris Menemenlis
818-625-6498

On Oct 9, 2013, at 6:57 AM, "Jonny Williams" <Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk<mailto:Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk>> wrote:

Hi there

I am trying to run the MITgcm/verification//tutorial_global_oce_latlon/ example which was pre-loaded when I downloaded the MITgcm code using CVS a couple of days ago.

I plan to run parallelised codes in the future and so I am using the SIZE.h file which was originally called SIZE.h_mpi in the default installation.

The code compiled successfully as far as I can tell.

When I attempt to run the script I get the following error message in a file called testing1.e1726317 (my job is called testing1)...

START

gPGFIO-F-209/formatted read/unit=13/'OLD' specified for file which does not exist.
 In source file eeset_parms.f, at line number 1778
[NID 02545] 2013-10-09 13:28:18 Apid 5947459: initiated application termination

END

The offending line (line 1778 of eeset_parms.f) reads as follows...

START

READ(eeDataUnit,FMT='(A)',END=1001) RECORD

END

Is anyone able to shed any light on this?

For your information I am running on the HECToR supercomputer cluster in the UK using scripts which were given to me by a collaborator who is already successfully using the MITgcm model on the same machine.

Many thanks!

Jonny Williams

--
Dr Jonny Williams