[MITgcm-support] regridding question

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Nov 27 12:17:52 EST 2013

Jonny, you need to extrapolate your fields to land points on your coarse
grid before interpolating to hi-res grid and applying mask.
For extrapolation, use your favorite routine.
If it's only a few point, closest neighbor is simple
and probably best.

One small routine that I use a lot for cases just like yours is:
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/matlab/tools/xpolate.m
You need to fill land points with NaNs, then apply.
But be careful about edges of domain as the routine
assumes double periodicity.

Cheers

Dimitris Menemenlis