[MITgcm-support] looking for optfile

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Nov 26 02:22:02 EST 2013

Hi Joerg,

I don’t think we have such a machine in our zoo of test computers anymore, but we used to. There are a couple of options files in tools/build_options that start with sunos_sun4u, maybe you can start from them.

As far as I remember, problems with SunOS were caused by the behavior of some shell tools like awk. If that’s still the case you need to edit the files to set AWK=gawk, etc., but I think that these problems have now been sorted out in our makefile-generation process.

Martin