[MITgcm-support] What is the use of "gendata.m" in "verification/tutorial_barotropic_gyre"?

Moon lzl124631x at 163.com
Mon Nov 25 03:23:11 EST 2013

Hi, Jean
Thanks a lot! Embarrassed for missing those words in the user manual. However, after searching through the user manual, I still cannot find the meaning of some prefixes of data/meta files. Below is my summary, with purple denoting those I've found definition, blue denoting those I have not and some other I'm not sure. Can you give me some hints?
Yours Sincerely,
Moon

Depth     Bathymetry
DRC     Section 2.11.5
DRF     Section 2.11.5
DXC     Section 2.11.4
DXG     Section 2.11.4
DYC     Section 2.11.4
DYG     Section 2.11.4
Eta     ocean: surface elevation (m), atmosphere: surface pressure anomaly (Pa).
hFacC     Section 2.11.6
hFacS     Section 2.11.6
hFacW     Section 2.11.6
PH
PHL
PHrefC
PHrefF
RAC     Section 2.11.4
RAS     Section 2.11.4
RAW     Section 2.11.4
RAZ     Section 2.11.4
RC     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DRC?
RF     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DRF?
RhoRef
S     ocean: salinity (psu), atmosphere: water vapor (g/kg).
T     potential temperature (ocean: C, atmosphere: K).
U     zonal component of velocity field (m/s and positive eastward).
V     meridional component of velocity field (m/s and positive northward).
W     vertical component of velocity field (ocean: m/s and positive upward, atmosphere: Pa/s and positive towards increasing pressure i.e. downward).
XC     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DXC?
XG     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DXG?
YC     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DYC?
YG     Maybe related to coordinate, but is it saved in DXG?