[MITgcm-support] coarser cube-sphere grid

Gael Forget gforget at MIT.EDU
Thu Nov 14 17:39:25 EST 2013

Hi Dimitris and Annegret,

I added the pdf to the cvs repository @ MITgcm_contrib/gael/gridsdispo.pdf

In case a 1 degree resolution lat-lon-cap would suit your needs, the easiest
would be to get the one I used in ECCO version 4. To that end you
can use the script @ MITgcm_contrib/gael/setup_these_exps.csh
There is a README in that directory as well.

If otherwise, you will find cube spheres and lat-lon-cap grids from very
coarse to very high resolution available, In the directory mentioned in
gridsdispo.pdf  Bear in mind that only few of the available grids have
actually been run into MITgcm. They come with no guaranty although, to
this day, we have not detected any issue with the ones that have been used.

Cheers,
Gael