[MITgcm-support] how to make a grid file

Menemenlis, Dimitris (3248) Dimitris.Menemenlis at jpl.nasa.gov
Sun Nov 10 10:24:11 EST 2013

A good place to start is the manual:
http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node1.html

and/or to look at the tutorial or verification examples.

In you case you could start with the setup in:
MITgcm/verification/natl_box/input/data
and modify it as needed, for example,

 &PARM04
 usingSphericalPolarGrid = .TRUE.,
 xgOrigin= 117.,
 delX   = 135*0.1,
 ygOrigin = 24.,
 delY   = 170*0.1,
 &

Dimitris Menemenlis

On Nov 9, 2013, at 11:24 PM, 李志远 wrote:

Hi ,there
  I want to run the mitgcm  to simulate the circulation in a region ocean ,such as  N24 -N40 ,E117-E130 .  I want to make the grid file in such a domain in spherical polar coordinate system ,with  longitude direction 135 grid points ,lat 170 grid points .
I want to know how to make such a grid file that suit for the model ?

many thanks !!