[MITgcm-support] regridding from lat/lon into lat-lon-cap : right tiling order

Manfredi Manizza mmanizza at ucsd.edu
Fri Nov 8 20:58:44 EST 2013

Hi,

a question for those  of ECCO group (or just users) who are currently
the new configuration
call lat-lon-cap (llc90). I am trying to regrid fields of biogeochemical
properties form lat/lon into
that new grid to be saved in binary files then read by the model in the
proper format.

I did things different steps :

1) I converted  the coordiantes in 360 by 360 array for the XC and YC files
by using a matlab routine (convert2array_llc.m) form GCMFACES package
written "ad hoc" by Gael Forget.

2) Then I re-gridded the input file in the new array 360 by 360 by 50
(50 vertical levels)

3) Here is the problem :  3 tiles 90 by 90 are blank (no data), but then
the array with ocean data and land contour has to be organized, as far
as I understood, in an array 90 by 90 by 13 to be correctly passed to
the model.

I can split the domain with those specific dimensions (50 by 50 by 13)
but then I do not know the order or how to organize the tiles to be in
the right order to be read by MITgcm.

Anyone who faced this problem before ?

Thanks in advance and have a nice week end.
Manfredi