[MITgcm-support] Using exch2 tiling to force symmetry

Jason Goodman goodman_jason at wheatoncollege.edu
Mon May 20 18:24:34 EDT 2013

I'm performing a zonally and meridionally symmetric cubed-sphere run on a water world.  It seems wasteful to model both the northern and southern hemispheres, since they'll look the same, but I want to make sure there's no wall at the equator that could disrupt the flow.

Is it possible to use exch2 tiling to implement "mirror" boundary conditions across the equator of a cubed hemisphere?  So that, for example, the neighbor of a tile bordering the equator is the tile itself, just flipped upside down?

Is this even worth my time?  Is there a better way?

Jason Goodman