[MITgcm-support] Bug in rdmds.m when loading multiple record files

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Tue May 14 14:07:02 EDT 2013

Hi Jean-Michel,

The default MITgcm outputs work fine with the current rdmds, with or
without multiple records. The problem will occur only when I define some
variables that may confuse rdmds, e.g., the example I provided.

The reason why I suggest to make change to the current rdmds is that
sometimes people may opt to use multiple record files to reduce the number
of outputs. For instance, there is a hard limit of number of files on NASA
Pleiades. To avoid constantly reaching the limit I had to use
multiple-record format for all outputs, including the time-averaged
quantities such as Ttave, though I need to hack the code in timeave to do so.

Best,
Yuan

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com