[MITgcm-support] Underestimated ETA values for Global Ocean!

Abhisek Chakraborty abhisek.sac at gmail.com
Mon Mar 25 13:09:02 EDT 2013

Respected Dr. Dimitris Menemenlis,

Many thanks for your sharp & encouraging reply. Actually I am using

# restoring time scale of only 12 days = 60/5, because surface
# layer is only 10m as opposed to 50m in the 4x4 deg-run.
 climsstTauRelax    = 1036800.0,
#
 climsssperiod      = -12.0,
# restoring time scale of only 36 days = 30*6 days/5
 climsssTauRelax    = 3110400.0,

in my "data.exf". Yet, my model is not able to pickup seasonal cycle in
SST. Any suggestions?

Thanking in advance,
Abhisek