[MITgcm-support] problems at tile bdys?

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Mon Jun 17 00:35:08 EDT 2013

Hi Jean-Michel,

I found the similar behavior of MITgcm when there are multiple tiles in x direction. The issue is particularly obvious when active tracers are enabled, e.g. water cycle, where I can see the periodical oscillation of tracers including temperature at the boundaries between the tiles. The problem is less apparent in y direction. I am wondering if it has something to do with exchange routines in x direction. The simulations are done in 3d channel. Thanks.

Best,
Yuan