[MITgcm-support] MITgcm online tutorial problems

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jun 4 10:16:47 EDT 2013

Hi there

I am brand new to running the MITgcm but am an experienced climate modeller.

I am trying to run the MITgcm online tutorials, specifically the experiment
called "exp2" in the verification folder in the MITgcm directory tree as
successfully downloaded using CVS.

I am able to compile the job OK (I think) but when I come to run the job
and examine any output I get nothing at all, although my "output.txt" (as
described here<http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node98.html>)
seems to be pretty much the same as what is expected from the example in
the results/output.txt file.

I believe that I have my NetCDF libraries set up correctly.

On this<http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node99.html>
webpage,
various output streams are detailed but none of them are being produced.
Notably, there is no information given as to where to expect these results
to be put. In addition to this on the same webpage, the files
code/packages.conf and input/data.pkg files are discussed but no
information is given as to how to use them.

Is it possible to give me any further tips on how to proceed?

Many thanks for your help.

Jonny Williams

--
Dr Jonny Williams