[MITgcm-support] netcdf with more than 999 tiles

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jan 14 03:55:53 EST 2013

Hi there,

sorry for the confusion, there is code for that. The model does produce the correct number of netcdf files (1120 in my case), with suffixes t354.nc and t1012.nc, etc. My mistake: gluemncbig does not seem to recognize that (Error: found 999 tiles […], need 112)) and I was too lazy/sloppy to check with a simple ls | wc. I assume that I (or someone more qualified than me) can fix gluemncbig (So far I replaced in line 1137, the regular expression pattern t[0-9]{3} with t[0-9]{3,4}, that helped a little, but I am on it), but wouldn't it be better to have the format changed to "fname.iteration.t%s04i.nc" if the number of tiles > 999 (and 04i for > 9999, etc)? That way, a simple "ls -l" will sort the files in the correct order, but maybe not so important.

Martin