[MITgcm-support] glue netcdf files efficiently

Fanny Monteiro f.monteiro at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Jan 8 09:55:10 EST 2013

As Martin mentioned, I suspect is a lack of memory which is the source of
your problem.

Fanny

On 8 January 2013 12:34, Martin Losch <Martin.Losch at awi.de> wrote:

> I would not go with matlab if your files are really large (50GB is likely
> to too much for any machine running matlab).
>
> In the gluemnc-script variant with nco, it also looks like you don't have
> enough disk space or RAM. Before you try things on your large data sets,
> test any of the methods with smaller data sets.
>
> All of these methods have their limitations with large data sets, and you
> may have to modify them anyway.
>
> Martin
>
> On Jan 8, 2013, at 12:09 PM, 何映晖 <heyinghui1984 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > /home/Phoenix/MITgcm_c64b/utils/scripts/gluemnc: line 288: 10082 Aborted
>                 (core dumped) ncrcat $DEBUG
> i$countxx.$somevar.$somepre.*.nc $somevar.$somepre.gloy.$countxx.nc >
> $LOGFILE

Dr Fanny M Monteiro
NERC Research Fellow
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1SS, UK
Phone (+44) 117 33 18351
Email f.monteiro at bristol.ac.uk
Web http://www.bris.ac.uk/geography/people/fanny-m-monteiro/overview.html