[MITgcm-support] Small timestep - rapid overadjustment

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jan 7 03:48:03 EST 2013

Hi Chris,

I don't know enough about your configuration, but the only time dependent stability parameter that I can think of is for the horizontal viscosity: viscAh*deltaT/deltaX^2. Maybe this has some effect (not on the stability, as you decrease you time step, but maybe on the solution). Did you try using viscAhgrid (value of <1, see mom_calc_visc.F or the online documentation for more details) instead of viscAh?

Martin