[MITgcm-support] Executable fails, message: Trace/BPT trap: 5

Rogan, Nicholas N.Rogan at liverpool.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 05:53:28 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm having problems running my version of the MITgcm.

I'm running on an early 2009 iMAC with the mountain lion OS X 10.8.2.  The model was previously working fine but following an upgrade of the OS it stopped being able to compile.  I reinstalled the NETCDF package (4.1.3, chosen due to problems installing the new 4.2 packages) and the netcdf package seems to be working fine. I ran make check and it passed all the tests.

My machine has a 2.66Ghz Intel core 2 duo processor. I currently have 4Gb  1067 MHz DDR3 ram.  I don't understand what the error that came up means.  The opt file follows at the end of the message. If anyone could help it would be fantastic.  I couldn't find anything existing on the support archive to help me.

Thanks in advance,

Nick Rogan
PhD student at U. of Liverpool
w. Prof. Ric. Williams.