[MITgcm-support] Required guidance!!

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Feb 19 11:52:24 EST 2013

Hi Abhisek,

it's usually better to send these types of questions to the support list, so that you get more input (and others may learn from your questions!).

The figure looks very much as if your SSS restoring fields have the wrong values near the coasts and you are restoring to zero after the exf-interpolation maps the fields to the model grid, please check (diagnostics EXFsss or something like that). If your SSS-field is already properly interpolated to the grid, you can use a flag to tell the model that this field needs no interpolation (in EXF_NML_04 climsss_interpMethod = 0,)

Martin