[MITgcm-support] Generation of broken lines on CS-grid

quentin jamet quentinjamett at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 09:51:58 EST 2013

Dear all,

I use the broken lines generator in order to compute the barotropic stream
function on a cubed sphere. All my outputs are written in netcdf format. I
first wonder if this format is supported by the script gener_bk_line.m? I
managed to run it by switching load_cs.m to load_cs_mnc.m where I used
rdmnc instead of rdmds. I am right to do so ? And by the way, what is 'RAC'
? I didn't find it anywhere in my files !

My second question concerns the script gener_bk_line.m itself. I got an
error at line 55 using the 'reshape' function when evaluating

yg2=zeros(nPp2,1); yg2([1:nPxy],1)=reshape(ycg,[nPxy 1]);

There, ycg has the size (145x25) and nPxy = 3456 (144x24). I then rewritte
it as :

yg2=zeros(nPp2,1); yg2([1:nPxy],1)=reshape(ycg(1:end-1,1:end-1),[nPxy 1]);

and same for xg2. It works fine but I am not sure about the consistency of
my trick. Can anyone confirme what I did or explain me the good things to
do?

Regards

Quentin