[MITgcm-support] Atmosphere Ocean coupled MITgcm; cpl_aim+ocn

Krishnakumar Rajagopalan krishna_raj_2010 at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 21:27:40 EST 2013

Hi All,

I am trying to compile/run the cpl_aim+ocn tutorial and have a couple of questions related to this tutorial . (I am having a hard time  in understanding the run_cpl_test script.)

- I am able to compile and build each of the solvers individually: For example, this is what I did for atmospheric model.

cd /share/gecko/krishnak/MITgcm_2013/MITgcm_c64c/verification/cpl_aim+ocn/shared_code
cp *.h ../code_atm/
cd ../build_atm
        export MPI_INC_DIR=/usr/mpi/gcc/openmpi-1.4.3/bin/
export OMP_NUM_THREADS=2
export KMP_STACKSIZE=400m
../../../tools/genmake2 -mods ../code_atm -mpi -of ../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran
make depend
make
And I am able to build the executable (mitgcmuv) in /build_atm. Similarly I have built the executables
(also named mitgcmuv) in /build_cpl and /build_atm. Is it ok to make the executables this way?

What is the next step?. Do I just need to run only the mitgcmuv
executable in \build_cpl? If so, how does this executable call the other executables?

- Is this tutorial similar to the configuration used in Marshall et.al(2007) { Mean Climate and Variability

of the Atmosphere and Ocean on an Aquaplanet; Journal of The Atmospheric Sciences, Vol. 64}.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

Kumar