[MITgcm-support] how to compile with mpi ???

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Mon Dec 16 10:11:57 EST 2013

From: lizhiyuan <oceanlizy at 163.com>
To: mitgcm-support at mitgcm.org
Subject: how to compile with mpi  ??

dear all ,
        I set up a model ,and I want  to run it with mpi , but when I compile with mpi , I don't know how to compile . I see the manual many times , as the manual reveals:
                                              cd build
                                              ../../../tools/genmake2 -mpi -mods=../code -of=../../.,/tools/build_options/linux_ia32_g77+mpi_cg01
                                             make depend
                                             make
      but I am confused ,  should  I just use the optfiles in the model  ,such as "../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_pgf90+mpi_xd1"?
I tried ,but it failed .   There is a mpi library installed in my computer system , the directory is " /mpi/mvapich2/1.8/pgcc.pgf90/ ,followed it are seven directories: /bin/,/sbin/,/lib/,/include/,/etc/,/share/,/libexec/ ,  I don't know which optfile in which directory  should I use ? What should I set my compile command ?
 many thanks !