[MITgcm-support] input files for regional model

Jonny Williams Jonny.Williams at bristol.ac.uk
Thu Dec 5 13:24:10 EST 2013

Hi there

I'm attempting to modify the Arctic regional model described here...

http://mitgcm.org/viewvc/MITgcm/MITgcm_contrib/arctic/cs_36km/readme.txt
http://ecco2.jpl.nasa.gov/data1/arctic/run_template2/README_arctic2.txt

My question is regarding the coordinate system. The Arctic model uses
"usingCurvilinearGrid=.TRUE.," in the data input file but I want to use a
regular latitude-longitude grid ("usingCartesianGrid=.TRUE.").

When I do this, do I also need all of the many other input files needed
(LATC.bin, LONC.bin, RA.bin, RAW.bin etc etc)?

If I don't need these files, then whereabouts do I specify information
regarding the grid system?

Many thanks :)

Jonny

--