[MITgcm-support] how to use the CPP_OPTIONS.h to switch on /off the input forcing files

李志远 oceanlizy at 163.com
Mon Dec 2 07:47:29 EST 2013

 from :<allenson3  ,  oceanlizy at 163.com>
 subject  :  how to use the CPP_OPTIONS.h to switch on /off the input forcing files

dear all ,
       when I learn to run the mitgcm model , I was told to run a test with all the forcing (including wind ,tide ,surface heat flux ,salt flux ) switched off ,only the input bathymetry file "topog.bin"  switched on ,next , switch on the external forcing one by one .  I was told to do this in the "CPP_OPTIONS.h" file , but I can not find where to switch on  the "topog.bin " file  ,and where  to switch off the external forcing .  I have made all the input files  into the model required "binary format" ,so I am puzzled whether I must use the "exf" package ,  because I do not need to compute these  input files ,I have made them there , I just need to  load  them in the model  .
     I would be very greatful  for your help !
    many thanks !