[MITgcm-support] forrtl: severe (36) with tile file

Neil Patel nigellius at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:03:08 EDT 2013

I'm using a cube face tile grid, with six files that describe the grid system which are named like this:

tile001.mitgrid

When I run mitgcm, it crashes when it gets to the point where it reads tile001.mitgrid with this error message:

forrtl: severe (36): attempt to access non-existent record, unit 9, file /usr/data/nppatel/MITgcm_c64g/verification/cube_test/input/tile001.mitgrid

The file is there, it crashes while reading it I think. Anyone have a clue on the source of the error? Thanks! Here's my build file:

FC=/opt/intel/bin/ifort
F90C=/opt/intel/bin/ifort
qCC=cc
LINK='/opt/intel/bin/ifort'

DEFINES='-DALLOW_USE_MPI -DALWAYS_USE_MPI -DWORDLENGTH=4'
CPP='cpp -P -traditional -D_d=D'
F90FIXEDFORMAT='-fixed -Tf'
EXTENDED_SRC_FLAG='-132'

MCMODEL='-mcmodel=medium -shared-intel'
FFLAGS="$FFLAGS -W0 -WB -convert big_endian -assume byterecl $MCMODEL"

—Neil