[MITgcm-support] Mysterious initialisation problem - debugging options?

Jean-Michel Campin jmc at ocean.mit.edu
Tue Aug 20 14:30:21 EDT 2013

Hi Liam,

I would suggest to set:
 debugMode=.TRUE.,
in parameter file "eedata".
In addition to writing more things to STDOUT (e.g., which routines are
called), it also flushes the STDOUT unit so that you will have a better
chance to see something in STDOUT (& STDERR).

This "flush" command is not always available, but you can check for this
a) in the Makefile: -DHAVE_FLUSH in DEFINES list
or
b) at the bottom of genmake.log:
--> set HAVE_FLUSH='t'

Cheers,