[MITgcm-support] problem with data.exf and dates

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Wed Aug 14 03:51:55 EDT 2013

Hi Manfredi,

I use
runoffperiod=-12,
with a monthly run-off file and that works fine.

As soon as you specify
> useExfYearlyFields = .TRUE.,
you input files will be augmented by "_year" or "_yr" unless you have the period -12

In other words, with useExfYearlyFields = .TRUE., the code assumes that your input files are different each year except for the ones with period=-12, for which it assume a monthly climatology. There is currently no way to elegantly have climatologies with intervals different from monthly together with yearly fields. Would that be a useful feature?

Martin