[MITgcm-support] Compiling MITgcm

Gunnar Wollan gunnar.wollan at geo.uio.no
Tue Apr 9 04:31:39 EDT 2013

I am trying to compile the MITgcm model on our cluster, but I get these errors:

./EEPARAMS.h(81): error #6975: A kind-param must be a digit-string or a scalar-int-constant-name   [D0]
      PARAMETER ( twoRL  = 2.0 _d 0 , halfRL = 0.5 _d 0 )
------------------------------------------^
./EEPARAMS.h(81): error #6592: This symbol must be a defined parameter, an enumerator, or an argument of an inquiry function that evaluates to a compile-time constant.   [D0]
      PARAMETER ( twoRL  = 2.0 _d 0 , halfRL = 0.5 _d 0 )
--------------------------------------------------------------------^

it seems that the Intel fort compiler does not recognise the "0.5 _d 0" as a double precision value, but expects something like this:

halfRL = 0.5d0

without the spaces and the underscore.

My question is if these values are auto generated at build time or hardcoded in the source files. Is there a compiler flag I can
use to get around this problem or do I have to change the code itself?

Best regards
Gunnar Wollan

Scientific Programmer
Dept. of Geosciences