[MITgcm-support] Converting mdsio output to netcdf, or reading mdsio in python

Oliver Jahn jahn at MIT.EDU
Thu Oct 25 19:40:10 EDT 2012

Hi Andrea,

there is one now, in MITgcm/utils/python/MITgcmutils

Either install it by running

   python setup.py install --user

(or wherever you like), or just put the directory on your PYTHONPATH.
Either way, you should be able to

   from MITgcmutils import rdmds

and start reading mds files using rdmds.  It has a (hopefully reasonably
useful) doc string.

There is also a script scripts/gluemncbig for gluing netcdf files, in
case you go the other way.  It depends only on python and numpy.

Cheers,
Oliver