[MITgcm-support] Converting mdsio output to netcdf, or reading mdsio in python

cimatori cimatori at knmi.nl
Thu Oct 25 09:26:20 EDT 2012

Hi everybody,
I have a technical issue which is probably rather common. I am using
layers package to compute the stream function in density, but layers
package can produce output only in the meta/data format. Unfortunately,
I have no matlab available, and all my scripts are based on netcdf
format. Is there a way convert meta/data to netcdf? Is there an easy way
to read meta/data files in python?
I do have access to octave (an open source version of matlab) if that
can help.
Many thanks,

--

Andrea Cimatoribus
Royal Netherlands Meteorological Institute