[MITgcm-support] can't compile checkpoint 63m on Mac OSX (Jean-Michel Campin)

Madeline Miller madeline at caltech.edu
Thu May 31 01:45:29 EDT 2012

Hi Jean-Michel, Martin, Dimitris and Jody,

I should have updated; yes, the issue was solved and there is no problem
with the code, just with my memory.

Basically, I had forgotten that I was no longer using the same compilers
that Martin is.

Several months ago I accidentally wrote over the compilers when trying to
update them and then could neither get the update to work nor recover them.
In the end I had to revert to an ancient set of compilers (4.2.x) that
require
CFLAGS='-arch i386'. Previously I hadn't needed the flag because I had
newer (4.6.x) compilers.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions.

Madeline