[MITgcm-support] can't compile checkpoint 63m on Mac OSX

Madeline Miller madeline at caltech.edu
Thu May 17 20:59:39 EDT 2012

Dear List,

I updated from checkpoint 63j to 63m and can no longer compile on my laptop
(Mac OSX, Snow Leopard, ia386). I am using the default option file
darwin_ia32_gfortran, but I also tried to compile with the c63j version of
darwin_ia32_gfortran, to no avail. I am pasting the error below. Any ideas
for how to fix or work around this?

ld: warning: in gsl_ieee_env.o, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in ptwrapper.o, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in setrlstk.o, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in sigreg.o, file was built for unsupported file format which
is not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in tim.o, file was built for unsupported file format which is
not the architecture being linked (i386)
ld: warning: in timer_stats.o, file was built for unsupported file format
which is not the architecture being linked (i386)
Undefined symbols:
  "_cusertime_", referenced from:
      _timer_get_time__ in timers.o
  "_timenow_", referenced from: