[MITgcm-support] Reuire Help!!!

Krishnakumar Rajagopalan krishna_raj_2010 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 14:56:14 EDT 2012

Hi Abhisek,

I am not sure if it is a good idea to just interpolate from your 4deg to 1 deg grid. So  one of the sources for your bathymetry and initial conditions could be http://mit.ecco-group.org/cgi-opendap/nph-dods/datasets/ecco_for_las/GECCO/iter23/ .

For monthly salinity forcing data (sss) world ocean atlas 05,09 are good places. For SST , windstress and pretty much anything else the DaSilva site is a good place. Also for Qnet, EmPmR you will need to constrain them . This is also given in the daSilva site. the /global_1x1 gives some indications on how to change from 4deg to 1deg.

Good luck

Krishnakumar