[MITgcm-support] Build with nectdf

Roopashree Shrivastava rss1901 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 09:06:18 EDT 2012

Dear Abhisek

i modified the lines containing the compiler gcc and gfortran to the
following as mentioned by you. but genmake2 still can't get the path (i
dont know whats the prob??)

  CC=gcc -I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include -L/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/lib
-lnetcdf
  FC=gfortran -I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include
-L/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/lib -lnetcdf
  F90C=gfortran -I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include
-L/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/lib -lnetcdf

the output from genmake2 is reproduced here

../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran: line 45:
-I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include: No such file or directory
../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran: line 46:
-I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include: No such file or directory
../../../tools/build_options/linux_amd64_gfortran: line 47:
-I/home/roopa/netcdf-3.6.1/include: No such file or directory

Error: no Fortran compiler: please specify using one of the following:
  1) within the options file ("FC=...") as specified by "-of=OPTFILE"
  2) the "-fc=XXX" command-line option
  3) the "./genmake_local" file

any other suggestions

thanks