[MITgcm-support] boundary

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Thu Jul 26 05:54:24 EDT 2012

Mohammad,

I cannot read rar-files, but based on your text I advise this:
tutorial_global_oce_latlon may not be the best example to start from. I am not sure what you want to simulate, but if tides are important, then you may want to have a look at tidal_basin_2d (for time stepping parameters and non-linear free surface), internal_wave (code/obcs_calc.F) for an example of how to specifiy periodic forcing and exp4 for a more general example of how to use obcs.
I think your are fine with
OB_Iwest(29:118) = 1,
OB_Ieast(115:360) = -1, # this is that same as 260 in your case
OB_Jsouth(253:360)=1, will not work as your nx=260, you I guess you are getting the picture.

Then please search the support-list for tides, was these questions have been addressed often (in google search for  "tides site:mitgcm.org/pipermail", unfortunately the search function on http://mitgcm.org/public/search.html does not work properly)

Martin