[MITgcm-support] boundary

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jul 24 10:51:28 EDT 2012

akbarinasab,

did you read the (admittedly sparse) documentation on this package? If not, here it is: <http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node236.html>

> Topography is 260 x 360,
I assume then nx=260, ny=360, is that correct?
OB_Jsouth marks the J index for the open boundary, there can be at best nx (=260 in your case) of these indices. If, for example, the grid points 111:160 along j=1 are your open boundaries, you could set OB_Jsouth(111:160)=50*1, if all can be open boundaries, set OB_Jsouth=260*1, then you can control the open points by having non-zero topography.
You specify the actual values for the southern boundaries with OBStFile/OBSsFile, etc. see table 6.3 in the documentation and example verification/exp4

Hope that helps,
Martin