[MITgcm-support] momentum dissipation at the surface

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Mon Jan 23 03:39:21 EST 2012

Hi Georgy

Resetting surface velocity, say in correction_step.F would probably do it, but I wouldn't do that, because of breaking consistency between flow field and hydrography.

There is the pkg/rbcs that let's you restore tracers and velocity, see here <http://mitgcm.org/public/r2_manual/latest/online_documents/node237.html> for documentation, that does not include the velocity part, but I think you can use RBCS_PARAMS.h to figure out the corresponding parameters.

Martin
PS. sorry for mistyping your name in the last email