[MITgcm-support] Re : Query regarding "exf package".

Martin Losch Martin.Losch at awi.de
Tue Jan 17 03:22:26 EST 2012

Glad that it works for you.

To get rid of this
> (c) ** WARNINGS ** INI_THETA:         : i am not getting wht to do with this
>  found 32 wet grid-pts with theta=0           warning.   ( any hints !!!)
>  identically.
generate initial conditions for theta (and salinity) to be read as hydrogThetaFile (hydrogSaltFile) that are non-zero where there is ocean. The warnings (have a look at ini_theta.F) arise when THETA(I,J,K,bi,bj) = 0. but hFacC(I,J,K,bi,bj) .NE. 0.
If the data you use to generate your initial conditions is "insufficient" (ie, does not span your entire region), simple interplation will leave gap near the land boundaries and the near the bottom. Fill these gaps by some sort of extrapolation (how ever you want to do that, up to you).

M.