[MITgcm-support] C grid and pressure

苗春葆 miaocb at ouc.edu.cn
Wed Jan 11 19:16:01 EST 2012

Hi, Jody
   Thanks for providing the formula of calculating pressure anomaly.
    I have been confused by this problem for a while.
    Recently I found that  the meaning of PH found in the output file migh depend on the equation of state (EOS) used.
   If the linear EOS is used,  rhoConst*PH(i,j,k) is generally equal to the one obtained by integrating density anomaly, with the difference smaller than 10%.
   But if MDJWF is used, rhoConst*PH(i,j,k) is roughly 1000 times of the one obtained by integrating density anomaly.
   Is there anything wrong?

Thanks.

Chunbao Miao
2012.01.12