[MITgcm-support] MITgcm: on Mars. Queries.....

sonal jain sonaljain.spl at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 04:44:17 EST 2012

Dear Sir/Madam

I am working in the field of planetary aeronomy, mainly on UV and visible
emissions coming from upper atmospheres of Mars and Venus. Recently
I have seen accepted manuscript in journal Icarus regarding MITgcm model on
Mars. Related to GCM of Mars, I have some queries:

1) Is calculation of densities of different gases on Mars (eg., CO2, CO,
N2) is possible in MITgcm?
2) If yes, then upto what altitude we calculate these densities?
3) Is it possible to calculated densities of various gases for different
latitude on Mars, and for different solar zenith angle and solar longitudes?

Looking forward for your response.

Cheers
Sonal

Sonal Kumar Jain