[MITgcm-support] CS Grid Generator and Convertor Matlab Scripts

Yuan Lian lian at ashimaresearch.com
Wed Feb 15 18:04:51 EST 2012

Hi Chris,

Glad you figured out the problem. The C32 grids supplied in the
verifications examples may have different configuration, likely they
used different nratio, or with some extra tweaks about the cube-sphere
grid corners (some grid stretching etc).  One way to ensure that the
grids were generated correctly is to compare "XG, YG ..." during grid
generation and those from the .bin files. Additionally you take a look
of the grid arrangement in "EXCH2" section in the MITgcm manual, from
which you can check if "XG" and "YG" generated by the matlab routines
make sense.

The extreme values I mentioned in the 2004 thread were caused by the
machine format, i.e., big endian and little endian. As long as your XG
and YG values are confined within the bounds (-180, 180) for XG and
(-90,90) for YG, you are good to go.

Best,
Yuan