[MITgcm-support] CS Grid Generator and Convertor Matlab Scripts

Christopher Watkins c.watkins at qmul.ac.uk
Wed Feb 15 03:47:25 EST 2012

Thanks Yuan,

I'm afraid this does not solve the problem. The issue seems to be that gengrid_fn.m produces files with dimension [nx nx] but convertMITgrid.m expects files with dimension [nx 6 nx].

For example line 5 of convertMITgrid is xc=permute( rdda('LONC.bin',sz,1,'real*8','b') ,prm); which expects a single LONC.bin file of sz = [nx 6 nx] whereas using gengrids.m (and therefore gengrid_fn.m) I have produced 6 files LONC.001.bin, LONC.002.bin, LONC.003.bin, LONC.004.bin, LONC.005.bin and LONC.006.bin each of dimension [nx nx].

Have I downloaded the wrong version of one of these or missed out a step?

Regards,

Chris