[MITgcm-support] how to construct grid_cs files

Maura BRUNETTI Maura.Brunetti at unige.ch
Thu Feb 9 12:07:15 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to construct by myself the files grid_cs32. I first use
MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/matlab-grid-generator/gengrid_fn.m
by which I obtain the binary files  LONC**.bin etc.
Then I have tried to
MITgcm_contrib/high_res_cube/matlab-grid-converter/convertMITgrid.m
to convert LONC*.bin etc into tile*.mitgrid format. But it turns out that the arrays in the *.bin files have not the right dimensions (they are [nx nx] instead of [nx 6 nx]).
Is there a matlab file which reads these arrays, or could you explain better what the tile*.mitgrid files should contain?
Finally, one has to convert the tile*.mitgrid files into grid_csNx format by
MITgcm/verification/global_ocean.cs32x15/input/rdwr_grid.m
Is it right?

Many thanks,

Maura

--
Dr. Maura Brunetti
Institute for Environmental Sciences (ISE)